Re: 3t server enchancements

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 03:48:28 EST

    Hi Marek,

    On Dec 14, 2005, at 6:00 PM, Marek Wawrzyczny wrote:
    > It seems to me that every unique DataContext in 3T opens a new
    > HessianConnection, thus establishing a new Hessian session.

    Almost. From the *server* perspective each DataContext is what you
    call a "hessian session". From the client perspective, "hessian
    sessions" (same as server DataContexts) can be either dedicated (one
    per client connection) or shared by multiple clients. Still Hessian
    "sessionId" string passed around is unique for each connection, even
    if multiple ids share the same server DataContext.

    > However, this Hessian session is not tied to (and it doesn't appear
    > possible to tie it to)
    > the physical HttpSession.

    I am not that pessimistic. It should be possible to tie hessian
    "sessionId" to the HttpSession. This will require some Hessian
    hacking though. From what I can tell we need to subclass
    com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy to handle cookies on the
    client (not sure about SSL certificates?).

    I'd say this whole thing warrants a Jira issue so that we don't loose
    track. Care to open one? Let's work on it.

    Andrus