"PK Generation Strategy: Database-Generated" doesn't work

From: Manuel Thiemann (manuthi..eb.de)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 04:53:25 EST

    Hello,

    I just started playing a bit with Cayenne to find out how things work.
    Therefore I created a database (HSQL) with a single table and in the
    CayenneModeler set "Primary Key Generation Strategy" to
    "Database-Generated" and the "Auto Increment" field to "ID (INTEGER)"
    which is the column defined as Primary Key at the attributes tab.
    However when I try to insert a row in my test program I get an exception
    because I don't have an AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table in my database. But as far
    as I understand I don't not need this table if primary keys are
    generated by the database itself. Is there something else I have to
    configure to not need to have that table (It works fine if I create that
    table via "Generate Database Schema" but I would prefer to have the
    database doing that primary key stuff. Or is there any reason that it is
    better to use AUTO_PK_SUPPORT)?

    Thanx for help.

    Manuel