Re: "PK Generation Strategy: Database-Generated" doesn't work

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2007 - 06:22:14 EST

    Hi Manuel,

    Per http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/generated-columns.html DB-generated
    pk depends on support of this feature by the underlying JDBC driver.
    Our testing showed that it only works in MySQL, Derby and SQLServer.
    For HSQLDB this feature is turned off (I just tried it on HSQL
    1.8.0.4 - the driver support isn't there), so Cayenne behavior is to
    fail over to the AUTO_PK_SUPPORT lookup table.

    As auto-increment feature makes it to other JDBC drivers (including
    HSQL), we'll turn it on in Cayenne accordingly.

    Andrus