PK Generation Strategy: Database-Generated doesn't work

From: Manuel Thiemann (manuthi..eb.de)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 17:07:11 EST

    Hello,

    I just started playing a bit with Cayenne. Therefore I created a table
    and set "Primary Key Generation Strategy" to "Database-Generated" and
    the "Auto Increment" field to "ID (INTEGER)" which is the column defined
    as Primary Key at the attributes tab. However when I try to insert a row
    in my test program I get an exception because I don't have a
    AUTO_PK_SUPPORT table. But as far as I understand I don't not need this
    table if primary keys are generated by the database itself. Is there
    something else I have to configure to not need to have that table (It
    works fine if I create that table via "Generate Database Schema" but I
    would prefer to have the database doing that primary key stuff)?

    Thanx for help.

    Manuel