Re: Datanode -> XML

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 06:28:07 EST

    >>> I am looking at a way to export and import data from a Derby database.
    >> Take a look at DDLUtils:
    >> http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/
    >>
    >> Even if not perfect, from all the solutions, it seems so far to be the
    >> best
    >> inter- and intra- DB data migration tool.
    >>
    >> Ahmed.
    >
    > I did look at that, but it designed as a schema export/import tool, not
    > a data import/export tool.
    Data too.
    Than try(not just look) the example ANT tasks -> first the DDLs if there's no target schema,
    and than the data.

    > Yes, it has some similar functionality, but
    > it is really very primitive.
    It's not primitive - it's just simple and it works.
    It's just an API and a set of ANT tasks to do the job - no GUI (yet).

    Why should it be complicated? Using the examples I was able to adapt them my project
    needs in just 10 minutes.

    Ahmed.