Re: Datanode -> XML

From: Adrian Wiesmann (awiesman..omap.org)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 06:42:00 EST

    > I did look at that, but it designed as a schema export/import tool,
    > not a data import/export tool. Yes, it has some similar
    > functionality, but it is really very primitive. Has anyone done
    > anything like this into XML or a set of SQL statements?

    I did something like that with Cayenne for our SOBF Tool. I am using the
    Cayenne XML Import/Export features. Every table gets exported in a
    separate xml file. All these files together get merged into a single zip
    together with a manifest file. Like that you can have versionised data
    dumps. As long as the schema does not change you simply read and write
    those files with the Cayenne functionality. If the version changes you
    first run a transformation to structure the data as expected and
    afterwards use the Cayenne functionality.

    hth,
    Adrian