deleting a record and validation

From: Marcin Skladaniec (marci..sh.com.au)
Date: Mon Mar 19 2007 - 21:43:45 EDT

    Hi

    I use remote persistence, and I have a dozen objects in the context,
    and I would like to try to check if one of them can be deleted.
    Can I just call recordToBeDeleted.validateForDelete() before I call
    context.deleteRecord( recordToBeDeleted ) ?
     From my understanding context.deleteRecord will propagate through
    the relationships which are set to cascade, deleting related records
    as well, and therefore possibly altering the validation result. Or
    does cascading happens on server during the commit ?

    Marcin