Re: commitChanges() doesn't imply commit in db ?

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2007 - 14:10:51 EDT

    Yeah, it is quite a bit strange, which is why I chalked it up to Sybase.
    :-)

    I never could identify a cause. I thought at first it might be due to the
    DB server reboots (I'm not sure why they do that, but they reboot everything
    once/week), but Cayenne would auto-reconnect (since the connection died) to
    the DB and keep on going. The few times the issue has happened, I'd login
    and watch the logs and keep trying to do inserts and the SQL looked perfect,
    but nothing was actually getting inserted. No exceptions, either. Since it
    is a low-volume internal support application, I didn't care too much and
    restarting it was pretty easy. Maybe not the best solution, but the most
    expedient at the time.

    /dev/mrg