questions about reflection

From: Jean-François Smigielski (jf.smigielsk..mail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2007 - 05:43:16 EDT

    Hello, list!

    I use cayenne in a brand new project, a text-based online RPG. I refactor
    from scratch an old RPG written in PHP/MySQL. I discovered cayenne a few
    days ago. After spending some time to test it, it will be my final choice
    (thanks a lot for your work, cayenne is *really* easy to use). That's it for
    the context of my question :)

    I try to write a JSP that proposes a low-level administration of the
    persistent objects. I would be able to:

       1. discover the class of the persistent objects
       2. discover their properties
       3. allow setting and getting these properties

    I am not yet able to discover the classes, I still have to feed them by
    hand. It would be easy if I had access to the XML map, but I didn't find yet
    the right utility class.
    To discover the properties, I used the name convention of the modeler,
    naming the properties with the suffix "_PROPERTY". And to get and set these
    properties, I retrieve the value of the fields ending with "_PROPERTY" and I
    call readProperty/writeProperty with this value.

    I am sure there exists better ways to achieve this. Better and more robust.
    Please, can you tell me useful hints, or helpful URL, or even code samples
    that could help me?

    Thank you.

    JFS.