Re: Databinding library released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2008 - 15:55:24 EST

    Hi Florijan,

    Nice work.

    Cayenne ROP (http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/remote-object-persistence-guide.html
    ) is the remoting technology that allows to do things similar to
    JavaClient, although it deals exclusively with persistent objects
    remoting, leaving the task of binding data to a UI up to the coder.

    Now a bindings framework can go a long way in making Swing usable. I
    took a shot at creating one a few years ago, but that effort got
    canceled due to the lack of time. I am glad somebody else did it for
    me :-) It would be interesting to hear how that works with Cayenne
    (ROP, or just straight client-server Swing app).

    Cheers,
    Andrus