Cayenne and Spring (a Hibernate inspired question)

From: Marek Wawrzyczny (marek_wawrzyczn..nternode.on.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 07:13:44 EST

    Hi,

    It has been a while since I last used Cayenne and that was within a Swing ROP
    context.

    More recently I have been involved in writing a Spring MVC/Hibernate
    application. The experience has only made me fonder for Cayenne and now it
    appears that the team I'm in may consider ORM alternatives.

    My application is relatively simple CRUD application with the exception of one
    set of two screens, where all data entry culminates in a parent/child
    interface (using Spring's AbstractWizardFormController ).

    The object graph can become somewhat complex, combining objects from about 10
    different entities. The pages ideally would require a long-running session,
    or rather a ObjectContext spanning several requests.

    I'm curious as to how well does Cayenne handle these types of interfaces in
    web applications.

    The other problem we're currently having is sorting across multiple
    relationships.

    I'm curious as to other people's experiences in this area. I would love to be
    able to convince the team to move to Cayenne if the framework fits the bill.

    Kind regards,

    Marek Wawrzyczny