Re: Cayenne and Spring (a Hibernate inspired question)

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2008 - 10:15:49 EST

    When I used Cayenne with a Tapestry application, I stored a
    DataContext off in the session (so it was persistent across
    request/response loops) and I could use it to handle objects I needed
    to track from page-to-page (or even to the same page, but in a
    different request/response loop). This is what you are talking about,
    I think, with "long-running session." The only trickery I had to do
    was tell Tapestry to stop serializing my Cayenne objects into the HTML
    because on the next request/response loop, Tapestry would deserialize
    those objects and you'd have a Cayenne object not attached to the
    original DataContext. Once I told Tapestry to leave Cayenne alone, it
    worked much better for me.

    Robert Ziegler showed how you can add sort orderings to your query.

    /dev/mrg