Re: rich client db security in an untrusted environment

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Sat Apr 26 2008 - 09:58:26 EDT

    You could always use some other RPC mechanism. RMI or XML-RPC / SOAP.
    These would serve as another wrapper that would keep all DB operations on
    the server for sure. At the end of the day though, you'd really have to
    consider what you're actually gaining over ROP. ROP does have its flaws
    (open up JIRAs as you come across them please), but it doesn't expose your
    DB as a going concern -- only ObjEntities and ObjAttributes are accessible.
    It's a Web service that you can apply all of your JEE security practices to.

    --
    Kevin