Re: Using Cayenne in GWT wthout DTOs

From: Krzysztof Janowicz (..anowicz.de)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2008 - 11:18:56 EDT

    Hi,

    I am using Cayenne with GWT and IMO the splitting between the Cayenne
    DTO (DAO) and their 'duplicates' on the client side (GWT) works very
    good. Both are not simple duplicates but more like pieces with
    complement one another. just think of the security issues putting all
    application logic on client side. IMO the client side objects are more
    like beans. Moreover, GWT is still very restricted in terms of modeling
    more complex classes on client side.

    Jano