Re: General queries

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 16:05:08 EDT

    On Apr 8, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Weddle, Anthony wrote:

    > One of the main problems I'm having is that there is so little
    > documentation, books and articles about Cayenne. Is there a fairly
    > comprehensive list of publications (not necessarily books) on Cayenne?

    Unfortunately no. Cayenne developer community has always been lacking
    in the area of self promotion. All the effort (intentionally or
    subconsciously) went into the code and the bundled documentation. I
    wrote a TSS introductory article many years ago. There was a print
    article in a Japanese edition of JavaWorld ca. the same time. That's
    the stuff I am aware of. Also there were a number of blog posts over
    the years that I haven't been tracking too thoroughly. I would've
    loved to see the wider community to fill this information gap, which
    clearly exists and is hurting us (nested contexts, ROP, rich object
    model... many people have no idea what they are missing, but I digress).

    Anyways, you are free to ask any Cayenne-related questions here. This
    mailing list has always been a reliable resource for support and
    Cayenne ideas.

    Cheers,
    Andrus