Re: Relationships Not Propagated

From: Joe Baldwin (jfbaldwi..arthlink.net)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 10:01:41 EDT

    Jamie,

    I have found that the behavior of the Modeler is sometimes linked to
    the order in which you create ObjEntities and DbEntities.

    I usually create the DbEntities first, then create the ObjEntities,
    then create the relationships. Once I do this then I select the "sync"
    button (Hover = "Sync Dependent ObjEntities with DbEntities") in the
    DbEntity's dialog window (I do this for each DbEntity that I have
    created).

    This usually synchronizes the ObjEntities relationships with the
    DbEntities relationships.

    If I make significant changes to the DbEntities, then I always follow
    up with using the sync button for *each* DbEntity.

    The only time this has not worked for me is when I have made some sort
    of mistake with defining the DbEntities.

    There may be an easier way to do all this, but this has worked for me
    so far.

    Joe