[ANNOUNCEMENT] Success story

From: Borut Bolčina (borut.bolcin..mail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 18:18:33 EST

    Hello,

    I would like to share a Cayenne success story on this list. Four days ago we
    launched a renewed site www.najdi.si. It is a search engine site in Slovenia
    with over 600.000 visits per day (on the launch day this figure was well
    over million). Users now have the option to register and log in to have the
    benefit of customizing the site with a set of widgets available from the
    library. Over 110.000 registered users at this moment.

    The site is in a cluster and the architecture is moving towards REST
    interfaces. The Cayenne is used at almost all levels - getting the data for
    widgets from external resources and later to pump this data to frontend.

    All in all it was a good experience and I can only confirm the framework is
    mature enough (3.0) to handle big projects. What I was missing from the
    documentation was good usage patterns, anti patterns and cookbook examples
    for variety of problems. Well, there are no problems, only challenges :-)

    Thanks to the Cayenne team for all the effort in developing this framework!

    Regards,
    Borut

    P.S. My only wish now is that Robert and Kevin (others?) will continue to
    work on the Cayenne-Tapestry5 integration!!!