Re: Handling multiple databases using Cayenne+Spring

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2010 - 04:39:10 EDT

    There are a few samples in Cayenne itself. E.g.:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/branches/STABLE-3.0/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conf/JNDIDataSourceFactory.java

    Or a more complex one, parsing XML file:

    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/branches/STABLE-3.0/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/java/org/apache/cayenne/conf/DriverDataSourceFactory.java

    "Location" is a bit of a misnomer (and will be renamed in the new
    versions of Cayenne). This is really an arbitrary String understood by
    the factory and meaningless to Cayenne, that is stored in cayenne.xml
    and passed by Cayenne to the factory 'getDataSource' method. So e.g.
    you can use that parameter to give your factory a hint on what
    platform you are on or something.

    Hopes that clarifies it a bit.

    Andrus