Re: Primary Key Access and Exposed Primary Keys

From: Andrew Lindesay (ap..indesay.co.nz)
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 03:35:11 EDT

    Hello Marcin;

    Thanks for that -- your telling me it works on "default" as exposed attributes was useful. I have the issue resolved now. What had happened is that I had over-riden the Cayenne validation and was validating for object-exposed PK's which triggered the not-NULL check before they were allocated values from the sequence.

    Regards;

    > As far as I can tell exposing the PK does not stop cayenne from allocating them, but the trick might be the PK Generation strategy (defined in the DbEntity). We are using 'default' strategy, no problems at all.
    > Also you can use SQLTemplate query when the PK column was not exposed, just keep the same PK column name for all tables, then use this name instead of XYZDataObject.MY_PK_COLUMN_PROPERTY.

    ___
    Andrew Lindesay
    www.silvereye.co.nz