Re: EJBQL and Refreshing Data

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 07 2010 - 03:04:54 EDT

    On May 6, 2010, at 11:53 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

    > Congratulations to you all on getting 3.0 formally released.

    thanks :-)

    > I have lodged a new ticket "CAY-1427" for this presumed bug below.
    > I see that maybe I could add a unit test into;
    >
    > org.apache.cayenne.ejbql.EJBQLCompiledExpressionTest

    Just found the test for EJBQL fetch joins:
    DataContextEJBQLFetchJoinTest. It seems to be available on 3.1 and 3.0
    branches and it has a LEFT OUTER join test. Maybe you can look at it
    and see if the test is wrong.

    > I can't easily see where the "artists and paintings" database SQL
    > lives which presumably gets populated into some database when the
    > tests are setup. Is that somewhere accessible?

    The schema for the test DB is setup via static methods. See
    CayenneCase class (superclass of DB-aware unit tests) for details.

    * To clean the DB, call CayenneCase.deleteTestData().

    * There are various ways to create new data. We used Spring XML in
    3.0, in 3.1 we created a special helper subproject "cayenne-test-
    utilities". A release independent way would be to use SQLTemplate.

    Andrus