Re: Beta Schedule

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 10:52:16 EST

    Arndt,

    +1 for doing PreparedStatement caching. No objections here, provided the
    criteria mentioned by Holger are satisfied. Please provide us with patches
    once you have this working. Even if this happens after Beta 1, I will give
    my +1 for adding this to Beta X.

    Just want to make sure I understand all the implications:

    1. From what I understand, PreparedStatements are inseparable from their
    originating Connection object, generally you can't run it via a different
    connection (though I think Oracle 9i has some provisions for that?). So in
    a big connection pool cache will take some time for it to warm up, since
    connections are handed out randomly.

    2. Implementing PreparedStatement pooling inside Connection wrapper means
    that non-Cayenne DataSources will not have this feature. This is fine with
    me (those DataSources may actually implement caching on their own), just
    wanted to point this out.

    Andrus