Re: Beta Schedule

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 03:30:50 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > One pending issue right now is inheritance. Andriy, are you done with the
    > piece you were working on? There is also an inheritance patch from Arndt,
    > but I am hesitant to delay Beta because of that. I will look at what we
    > can do about it
    > A few things for Beta
    > 1. API freeze.
    > 2. Modeler catching up with the core framework.
    > 3. Bug Fixing, documentation, examples.

    Hi Andrus,

    I think I can live with beta not handling inheritance,
    my patch for that isn't too big, so I can synchronize it
    (but it still doesn't pass the unit test...)

    More important for me and for my position in proposing
    cayenne internally is performance. I understand and
    support your attitude of postponing performance tuning,
    but maybe for a start we can get prepared statement caching
    into beta?
    This is a precondition for any serious profiling and
    my second essential patch.

    I could work on streamlining that and make it pass
    the unit tests, if you signal your support.

    best regards,

    Arndt