Re: Beta Schedule

From: Arndt Brenschede (a..iamos.de)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:44:10 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > 2. Implementing PreparedStatement pooling inside Connection wrapper means
    > that non-Cayenne DataSources will not have this feature. This is fine with
    > me (those DataSources may actually implement caching on their own), just
    > wanted to point this out.

    Good point. Thinking about it, the DataSource is really the correct
    place to cache the PreparedStatements.

    We are deploying the application in a stateful-session bean
    (for mainly management reasons...) and I remember that some
    month ago I did some research whether BEA Weblogic actually
    does prepared statement caching - with no result.

    Google-searching again, I found that now they do:

    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs61/adminguide/jdbc.html#1133404

    Anyhow, profiling within weblogic is a pain-in-the-***, so
    having this cache in the "build-in-data-source" is
    still a should-have. I will look into it.

    regards,

    Arndt