Re: [VOTE] Re: Cayenne 2.0.2 (and 1.2.2)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 12:36:13 EST

    Ok - this vote, that was to gather lazy consensus to go ahead with
    2.0.2 and 1.0.2 is also closed.

    +1 Andrus Adamchik
    +1 Malcolm Edgar
    +1 Tore Halset
    +1 Kevin Menard
    +1 Michael Gentry

    Let's move ahead with it.

    There was a suggestion to better document a release procedure so that
    any of the Cayenne committers could do it. So I'd like to offer this
    - how about we do the release on IM with one other volunteer
    committer and then document it together (I've seen Geronimo doing
    something like that). Aside from spreading the knowledge, one area
    where I can use some help is testing with Oracle, Sybase, and DB2, as
    my old test server went bust, and I don't have access to any of those
    at the moment.

    Any volunteers to participate in the release assembly and or test on
    those DB's?

    I should be available most of the time on Wednesday, January 10th.

    Andrus

    P.S. I know the word "IM" generates lots of bad reaction. Here IMO
    using IM is totally appropriate since we won't be changing (or
    planning to change) the code, but rather executing a standard release
    sequence, using IM only to coordinate testing. If anyone thinks this
    is bad - tell me why.