RE: Shipping fat jar?

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 20:36:29 EST

    > > How about a very low tech approach. Create a file as part of the
    > > deployment (or a web page for that matter), which lists every
    > > dependency, the appropriate version (or range of versions), and the
    > > URL of the place to get the jar. We do that in our own
    > project so that
    > > we can easily track what we are using and where we got it from.
    >
    > Doesn't the cayenne maven pom do this?

    It does . . . providing you're familiar with maven and know what you're
    looking for. Before I started using maven, I had no clue that this was
    the case.

    So, +1 for making it easier to find/read.

    Even still, as a new user, I really don't want to be bothered with
    chasing dependencies. For most smaller apps, I still use the fat JAR
    just because it's very simple. Granted, the other approach isn't
    difficult, per se . . .

    --
    Kevin